Friday, April 4, 2008

Our visit with Nana


Nana (Creighton's mom) has been with us for a week. What a blessing. She came so that we could go on our marriage retreat and not worry about getting babysitters together for our time away.
I realize that I have begun to "lighten up" about her visits and just be thankful.

You see, she comes into my house and critiques my cleaning practices and my parenting skills. She makes comments about my cooking (or lack thereof) and my laundry (or mammoth piles thereof). She lets my children watch TV 24/7 and brings them movies, half of which I do not approve of. She cooks 4 course meals and makes everyone clean their plates. She's bossy.

Guess what. Who cares. I just need to chill out. She loves my kids and my kids love her. She reads them books and tells them bedtime stories for an hour before bed. She takes them to play at McDonalds and buys them nuggets and ice cream. She WANTS to spend time with them and know them. She wants them to know her. She makes time to come see them.

That is what truly matters.

No comments: