Thursday, January 2, 2014

Did you accomplish your 2013 GOALS?

One year ago seems like yesterday. I remember writing my 2013 goals and feeling determined to accomplish them.

Click here for last year's blog post.

I have to say I did pretty well with my 2013 goals, although there is always room for improvement.

I lost 10 of the 15 pounds that Tuscaloosa gave me.
I pursued people and looked for opportunities to create space for community.
I became more comfortable with homeschool, which in turn allowed me to let go and enjoy hands on activities with my peeps.

Now, onto 2014

The other night my friend was telling me about an amusing conversation with her husband. He was sharing some 2014 goals with her. When she asked, "So are these your New Year's resolutions?" He replied, "Uh no. Because I actually want to accomplish them."

For me, 2014 is going to be a focus on family, friendships, freedom and farm.

Family:
I want to continue to set down my phone and be present with my children. I am determined to spend these next few of years (pre-teen) connecting with my sidekicks in meaningful ways. I will get muddy with them, rather than documenting their muddiness and then washing it.

Friendships:
I have been intentional this past year to reconnect with friends of the past, stay connected to the friends of the now. Life is not meant to be an individual sport! Lock arms with the people you cherish.

Freedom:
I refuse to stress over schedule, expectations of others and futile first world problems. Freedom from financial worries and discontentment. Freedom to make a difference, make a move, make a change.

Farm:
We placed our 5 acre property on the market to sell. Farm continues to call to me - and to the children. We are going to find a place where we can have a horse and a herd of goats. A place where we can build fires and shoot firearms, grow food and have a pond. A place where we can be loud and have loud animals (i.e. peacocks and roosters). I will keep you updated on our progress!

1 comment:

Between You and Me said...

first of all, love that picture of you and your man…amazing pic.

Okay..so you guys are selling the 5 acres to buy a farm? I thought the 5 acres was a farm? fill me in on the deets when you can…

beautiful family….