Friday, July 25, 2008

My Birthday



I am a simple woman, easy to please. A double feature is all I need. For my b-day, my boyf and I went to the movie theater.
We used to go to movies all the time - at least once a week. You guessed it, before we had kids. Now it's netflix and pay per view. I broke up with Blockbuster years ago because I need to draw boundaries and not let someone walk all over me and treat me bad and steal from me. But that's another rant.
Needless to say, it is a decadent treat to hit the theaters, especially when there is so much to choose from right now! Wanted? Hancock? Hellboy II? Journey to the Center of the Earth? But Dark Knight and X-Files won out. Dark Knight because we have seen every BatMan movie have been waiting anxiously for it, and X-Files because we watched every X-Files episode and oh, we hosted X-Files club at our house for 2 years in Dallas.
So, since it was my birthday, I got to choose.

X-Files was first. I so badly wanted to believe. This movie was, how do I say this, a waste of 1.5 precious hours of my life. Ultimate lameness.
I was so glad we saw that one first because I needed something, anything to cleanse my theatrical palate.
Dark Knight did just that.
It was FANtastic. Stuffed with popcorn, I shook my head in wonder and delight for two and a half blissful hours. Sooooo good.

Do you want to watch me make this pencil disappear?

Overall, it was a great night.

No comments: