Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Inversions

One of the things I love about yoga, is the opportunity to challenge the body through balance and inversion postures. The children really love trying different poses as well. Often, we will go outside and experiment with various body challenges.

My daughter and I started out yesterday with Crane pose, moving straight into headstand. Slow and steady, focusing on balance and strength.


She and I continued on playfully attempting other types of "Poses" :)




Then the boys (including neighbor child) joined in the fun!



By the end, Whitby and I stuck our handstands for at least a couple of seconds. We want to get to the point that we can move slowly from Downward-Dog into Handstand or even Crane into Handstand. I have a feeling we will be working on those for a LONG time.

No comments: