Thursday, March 20, 2008

My New I-Phone


So Creighton and I finally broke up with Sprint after a 10 year relationship. It's complicated. We had been flirting with the idea of buying i-phones - and we finally did it.
What an amazing machine. We have waited for this for so long and, Whoah. Worth the wait!
But wait. Something very bad has happened. After having my i-phone for 3 days, Cosmo Seth (bless his 2 year old heart) decided to take it for a swim. Yes, he drowned my new $400 i-phone. Dead. Completely submerged in 12 inches of bath water.

With Sprint, we always kept insurance on our phones. This is so that if anything, and I mean anything, happens to the phone, you get a replacement for $50 - no questions asked.
AT&T does not do this with the i-phone.
Apple does not do this with the i-phone.
Needless to say I have now bought TWO i-phones. And the second one will remain out of the reach of children. You think I would have learned this lesson by now, huh??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about an iPhone as well. Hmmm... Hope the new one works out better than the last one!

Andrew Conard

steve and randel hambrick said...

you HAVE to be kidding. i cannot believe that there isnt some sort of warranty in the first 3 or so months... what the heck??!!!