The kids and I went to Mississippi this weekend to see my friend Allyson (and family).
I call her my "mother-earth" friend. We went to seminary together.
She grinds her own wheat.
She feeds her family healthy stuff.
She drinks a lot of water.
She homeschools her kids.
1. You have to discipline your kids. Rewards are great but you have to balance them with dicipline - - previously discussed, consistent discipline. Tell your kids exactly what will happen for a specific infraction. Then follow through.
2. Inform the kids that discipline counts double if they do it in public.
3. Use tea tree oil for bites. It has anti-bacterial skin healing properties.
4. Eating in is so much better than eating out. Allyson is passionate about food and cooking. She would always choose to stay in and cook for everyone than go out to dinner.
5. Pray with your kids every night. Then come in and pray OVER them after they are asleep. This woman believes in the power of prayer.