Monday, November 17, 2008

I spend more $$ on my dogs than on my children.

Did I say that my dogs were awesome? I take it back.

Today I got the twins groomed. Also, they needed a shot or two and a check-up to make sure that they are physically fit enough for next weeks neuter.

They did great! They look great! They are in great shape! All for the low low price of $508. Wait, I did get a $25 credit for a vet referral from my neighbor.

Next weeks bill: $270 per dog. That is a total of $540 or $135 per testicle.

So in two weeks, we will have spent $1,080 on two four-legged mooches who have no idea how good they have it.

I would get rid of them except for the fact that I already have a huge investment in them!

I should have stuck with cats.

3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

oooooohhh.. just as we are looking at getting a puppy for christmas.. yikes.

DogBlogger said...

I put all my deceased dog's vet records away in a box with other mementos. I figure someday I'll want to add up exactly how many tens of thousands of dollars we spent on her -- which, by the way, was still worth having her.

New Dog has been a great deal *so far* (knock wood): dumped at our vet, they kept her for 3 months, microchipped her, cleaned her teeth, then we came along and made a $75 donation to their Angel Fund to take her home.

Creighton Alexander said...

Nik - why didn't we take the dogs to your dad's ranch and let him harvest the puppies' oysters? I'm sure there is something big enough there for him to stick their heads in.

Okay - I'm looking into their big brown eyes - I wouldn't wish your dad and his pocket knife on them. Besides, cats make me sneeze.